Darren Stephen Lim
Darren is the founder and Master Trainer of D’Fitness Pte. Ltd., with more than 15 years of experience in the industry, as well as a competitive fitness model. Darren was sickly as a child and even through National Service. He first started engaging in sports during his teenage years, which sparked his initial interest in fitness. Deciding to take this interest a step further, he took the plunge to get certified as a Personal Trainer in Singapore. Learning from the greatest fitness educators across the globe the past decade has since changed his life, and he now wants to be able to communicate this knowledge to his clients and to society as a whole.
Job TitleHead Coach/Trainer
Employed withD'Fitness Pte. Ltd
- NASM Certified Personal TrainerProBar Mobility Master Trainer
- EXOS Performance Specialist
- Procedos Certified Trainer
- SPIDERfit Kids Trainer
- Certified Power Plate Trainer (CPPT)
- Certification In Applied Functional Science (CAFS)
- Stretch Therapy Teacher Intensive A
- Movement Analysis & Performance System (3DMaps)
- Basic Exercise Course (SSC)
- Core Course (Fisaf)
- Precision Nutrition Level 1
- Sports Nutrition: Optimizing Client Performance (D.Adair)
- Bodyweight Athlete Program (Mike Fitch)
- Certified Animal Flow Instructor
- Revolution Running
- Anatomy Trains
- PIASTM (Pediatric)
- IASTM M2T Blade
- FMS Level 1&2
- ASCA Level 1 Olympic Lifting For The Fitness Pro (CWL)
- Training The Pregnant Athlete Modern Post Natal Assessment & Exercise Prescription (Burrell Education)
- Fat Loss Specialization (ASP)
- Allied Health And Exercise Professional (EIMS)
- Senior Boot Camp Fitness Instructor (Start Fitness)
- Thump Boxing Instructor Level 1,2 and 3
- 3-Day Mentorship: Assess, Regress, Progress Your Clients
- (Human Motion Associates)
- TRX (STC, GSTC, SMSTC, FTC, RTC)
- ViPR Certified Trainer
- ViPR LMT 2
- ViPR Pro Fundamentals Mobile
- Certified Program Design Specialist (NSPA)
- Ignite 360 Performance
- Combine 360
- Women’s Fitness Specialist (NASM)
- Twist Methods (Functional Training 101, The Art Of Fascial Line Training 301)
- Certified Speed & Agility Coach (CSAC)
- High School Strength And Conditioning Specialist (IYCA)
- Fitness Best Asia Awards 2017- Shortlisted for Best Male Personal Trainer of the Year
- World Beauty Fitness & Fashion (WBFF) 2014 Miami – Top 5 Fitness Model
- NutriShred 2014 – Master Trainer for transformation completion of 14 contestants in three months
- Nutriman 2013 2nd Runner-Up
- Cleo Bachelor 2009 – Magazine Cover Bachelor, Most Made for Stardom Award (Contract with Fly Entertainment)
- Singapore Manhunt 2009 – 2nd Runner-Up, Mr Popularity, Mr Fabulous Tan, Mr Fitness
- Best Recruit (Army)
- Best Physical Trainee (Army)
Apr 2017 – Current
- Personal Trainer
- Google HQ (APAC)
- Assess individuals or groups on their progress.
- Develop safe and effective exercise programmes for clients.
- Explain exercise modifications and contraindicated movements to clients with a history of injury.
Jan 2011 – Current
- Director/ Master Trainer
- D’Fitness Pte. Ltd.
- Determine and monitor the company’s strategic objectives and policies.
- Take a personal Interest in the mentoring relationship of our trainers with the need to feel invested in their
- success. In turn empowering them to develop their strengths, beliefs, and personal attributes.
- Measure clients’ overall fitness by completing comprehensive evaluations and physician clearances. Work
- with clients young and old to improve their overall endurance, strength, flexibility and balance.
- Design customised client programmes to meet individual fitness needs.
- Create personal training programmes that address specific injuries or health problems.
Oct 2001 – Jan 2011
- Personal Trainer
- Assessed individual progress and suggested appropriate changes.
- Developed safe and effective exercise programs for clients.
- Explained exercise modifications and contraindicated movements to clients with a history of injury.