- This event has passed.
The Exercise Prescription Course for Allied Healthcare and Fitness Professionals would be conducted from 18 to 19 Jan 2021 with a written assessment on 20th Jan 2021.
It is designed to provide allied healthcare and fitness professionals with the framework to work closely with the medical community to deliver supervised exercise programmes to clinical populations.
The course include lectures, practicums and case discussions, culminating in a written assessment. Participants who successfully complete the course will be certified by the EIMS Advisory Board.
The Exercise is Medicine Singapore (EIMS) Advisory Board comprises exercise experts from various medical specialties, allied health, and the fitness industry. It was established in 2011 as part of a global initiative by the American College of Sports Medicine.
Upon completion of the 2 days course, participants will be able to:
- Able to read and give advices on exercise prescriptions that has been prescribed for the client by his or her doctor
- Have the competency to safely supervise exercise that has been prescribed for clients with chronic medical conditions
- Able to conduct simple clinical measurements for their clients as part of their treatment plans.
Course Package includes:
- Live teaching from Sports Physicians and Exercise Physiologists from EIMS’ Advisory Board via Zoom.
- One Exercise Prescription Textbook and notes mail to your place for pre-reading to the course.
- Face to Face written assessment (Limited to 4 paxs per session). Location to be advised nearer to date. A certificate on the completion of the course would be issued upon passing of the written assessment.
More information of the topics cover in the course can be found on here
CEC’s (if applicable) :
Pre-requisites: Please refer to list on here
Membership Number (if applicable):
Business Name: Exercise is Medicine Singapore